I have a confession that I must tell you. This will be a confection confession. I have been guilty of stopping at various stores on the way home from work and picking up Cloverfield cheese danish’s. This has not been part of the THM (Trim Healthy Mama) plan that my wife and I have been doing. But being the great wife that she is, and knowing my weakness is anything that is sweet, she has found the recipe of my dreams! I want to thank uplateanyway.com for this recipe! You have shared a much needed and appreciated confection with the world and have stopped me from going to the store on the way home. Men, you too can put down those cheese danishes and pick up a delight that is so much better for you without losing the taste that you crave! Talk to your wife about making these, or just do it yourself and surprise your wife with this creation. You can thank me later!
- 1 1/4 cup 2% mozzarella shredded cheese (140 grams)
- 6 tbsp Almond Flour (42 grams)
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flour (21 grams)
- 4 tbsp sugar equivalent (I used 5 tsp Truvia)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp butter (omit if you are using a higher fat cheese but I implore you to use the 2% or part skim mozzarella c
- 1 egg (large)
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar equivalent
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp powdered sweetener (3 tbsp truvia in a coffee grinder for 30 secs and then measure out 3 tbsp of the powdered.)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Soften cream cheese and combine with lemon juice, vanilla, and sweetener and egg yolk using a whisk or electric mixer. Set aside in the fridge until you are ready with the dough.
- Measure out almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder. Combine well with a whisk. Melt 4 tbsp butter and add vanilla and sweetener. Stir. Melt 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese in the microwave (30% power for 2 minutes with a 1200 watt microwave). Combine all the ingredients and add an egg. Stir until batter is combined and the cheese and dough are completely mixed. Use your hands or a spatula to press and fold the cheese and the batter together. Reheat for 10 seconds in the microwave. Press and fold some more until 99% of the dough is all one color. (Tip-this gets sticky and if you wet your hands a little it helps tremendously. The water from your hands will stop the stickiness on the outside of the dough making it very easy to roll out.) Reheat dough for 10 seconds and roll out into a square the approximate length of a rolling pin and slice into four quarters with a pizza slicer. Fold the corners into the center repeating with all four squares. Pipe filling (or spoon it on top!) into the center of each danish. Bake for 10-12 minutes. (Check on this at 10 minutes and make sure to remove it from the oven as soon as it has a deep golden brown color! Just slightly past 13 minutes and 2 of mine did get burnt. Definitely keep an eye on it.)
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave and add powdered sweetener, heavy cream and vanilla. Mix well with a whisk and pour into a ziploc bag. Cut a tiny hole in the corner and pipe onto each danish.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post below are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."